Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Adoption Agency InternBookmark This
Heartsent Adoptions, Inc.
93 Moraga Way, #100
Posted: January 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHeartsent Adoptions, Inc. is a medium sized non-profit international and domestic adoption agency. We believe in finding families for children in need, and we guide adopting families through every step of the process, from initial sign-up to well beyond the day they bring their child home.
Since we are a small office, we appreciate the opportunity to work with interns who help maintain the general flow of the office and assist the staff on various projects. We are looking for intelligent, motivated, and hard-working individuals who will do just that!
**What you will gain!**
As an Intern at Heartsent Adoptions, you will gain experience working in a small, non-profit office. You will learn the ins and outs of the world of adoption as you work hand-in-hand with our program directors on a daily basis. In addition to the daily office duties, you will have the opportunity to observe meetings with Heartsent families at all stages of the adoption process, allowing you to see everything that goes into the process of adopting a child.
**Need class credit?**
Heartsent is happy to supervise students who need volunteer hours for a class. We provide time sheets for internship hours, and can provide supervision and periodic reviews, as requested. Heartsent employees with Bachelor's degrees will supervise interns, as well as our Executive Director, who has a Master's degree and a license in Marriage & Family Therapy.
The Adoption Intern is responsible for maintaining the general flow of the office and assisting the staff on various projects. You will be responsible for creating and updating client binders, keeping the office supplied with materials, assisting with copying documents that are vital to our adoptive families, helping maintain a filing system, and assisting adoptive families by speaking with them on the phone.
The Adoption Intern is a part-time internship located in our Orinda, CA office. While this position is unpaid, you may receive school credit if desired. Some paid internships are available from time to time.
To apply, please contact the Orinda Program Director at (925) 254-8883 or send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.heartsent.org to learn more about our organization!
Responsibilities**In a non-profit agency, no job is too small!**
The Adoption Intern is responsible for the following, on a day-to-day basis:
1. Ordering office supplies as needed
2. Creating and updating informational binders for new clients
3. Keeping the agency stocked with information packets, contract agreements, educational handouts, and other documents
4. Helping maintain the filing system and developing more efficient ways of organization
5. Working alongside the Education Coordinator to assist in organizing and putting together classes and workshops for families
6. Helping to send out newsletters to Heartsent families
7. Interfacing with staff at satellite offices
8. Assisting with creative projects and cultural events for the agency
9. Other job duties may be added as needed
- Hard working
- Problem solving skills
- Follows instructions well
- Quick learner
- Positive attitude
- Independent and assertive worker
- Adequate writing and typing skills
- Interest in adoption or experience with adoption
- Previous experience working in an office