Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Adoption Worker Assistant Intern/VolunteerBookmark This
A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Avenue
Posted: May 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionScope of Position:
Under the direction of the Adoption Agency Program Staff, the Adoption Worker Assistant is responsible for assisting the Adoption Worker(s) with their families in all steps of the adoption process. Such as meeting with families, admins support and knowledge on policy work, recruiting children for families. Our Adoption Worker are responsible for assessing, training and providing support to families within their caseload during the entire duration of the adoption process from orientation through finalization, while ensuring compliance with agency policies and procedures, and all federal and state requirements and laws. This is your opportunity for the Adoption Worker assistant to get very hands on social work experience that will help you be better equipped to apply and find a job in the Social Work field.
Responsibilities• Compliance with any and all laws and regulations governing child placing and adoption agencies including state, federal and international laws and regulations as well as the Agency Policy.
• Providing services so as to meet the needs of the client with the highest of professional standards of human services practice and Agency standards as specified, and per designated timelines under the direction and supervision of the Agency. Services include: (at min of 3 shadow opportunities with an Adoption Worker and one of their families)
Family recruitment and follow up
Initial family meeting/Orientation
Conducting family interviews and retrieving sufficient information needed in preparation for composition of family home study
Assisting families through family/child matching process
Assisting families through initial placement with child/children, including creation of a transition plan and completion of required legal documents
Maintaining contact with family after placement and providing continual support as well as conducting monthly interviews and completing required legal documents necessary for finalization of adoption
Updating and renewing family home studies when necessary
• Submit case notes, daily/weekly, and status reports to Agency for and with an Adoption work on behalf of their families, and in person meetings, as required by the Agency and/or State regulations into the database.
Requirements• You should be able to complete the following computer tasks:
• Create a document, name it, save it, and find it again on your computer
• Attach a document to an email
• Download a document or PDF, save it, and find it again on your computer
• Locate a document on your computer and upload it to another site
• Print a document
• Edit a Word document with a .doc or .docx extension
• Listen to audio on your computer
• Watch short video clips (two minutes long)
• Navigate between multiple windows open simultaneously on your computer
• Use an Internet browser
• View a document with tracked changes embedded in it