Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Adult Day Health Program Internship, Meals On Wheels AtlantaBookmark This
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Drive
Posted: April 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAdult Day Health Program Internship (Part Time/Unpaid Internship)
Meals on Wheels Atlanta
REPORTS TO: Director of the Adult Day Health Program
WORK HOURS: Flexible hours between Monday – Friday
LENGTH OF TIME: Flexible Internships in the Spring, Summer, Fall
Meals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) Mission is to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community. Each year, MOWA accomplishes this by delivering nutritious meals, repairing homes, providing community and wellness support, and helping seniors and their families manage Alzheimer's and dementia.
(MOWA) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as an Adult Day Health Intern. The intern will provide administrative and staff support while gaining a deeper knowledge of Alzheimer’s/Dementia and nonprofit operations. This is an unpaid, part-time position for registered college/university students.
• Increase a student's sense of responsibility.
• Acquire good work habits.
• Enhance multi-tasking skills.
• Enhance communication skills.
• Learn to use nonprofit operations in relation to the Adult Day Health Program.
• Improve public speaking and training Skills.
• Better understanding of Atlanta nonprofit network.
• Must be a current student or recent graduate.
• Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Must have transportation and use it on occasion for work duties.
• Must be able to lift over 20-30 lbs.
• Healthcare experience considered a plus.
• Alzheimer’s/dementia experience a plus.
• Outgoing demeanor, with the ability to motivate others.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
• Highly organized.
• Able to multi-task and respond to deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Additionally, all MOWA Interns are expected to take on additional responsibilities and participate in organizational wide endeavors as appropriate. Internship descriptions are not limited to items in formal internship description.
• In coordination with the Director of the Adult Day Health Program, reaching out in the community to increase the center’s size.
• Help Director in marketing tools and tactics to bring awareness to the center.
• Help assist with family needs and resources while offering direct assistance to the Director as needed.
Adult Day Health:
• Recruiting new participants for the Adult Day Health Program.
• Conduct phone calls and emails as needed.
• Developing a friendly rapport with all participants and caregivers.
• Work collaboratively with program staff to assist volunteers when in the center conducting projects.
• Help serving lunch and/or breakfast as needed.
• Provide general administrative support to the Adult Day Health Program.
• Answer phones and record any messages received.
• Internet Research.