Program and/or Fundraising Summer InternshipWylderness Youth Leadership Diversity (WYLD)
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, MEShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, ORShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Milwaukee, WIShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Omaha, NEShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | New York, NYShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Little Rock, ARShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Advocacy InternshipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant St.
Posted: January 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and in Bedford, NH.
Working with the Manager of Public Policy, the Advocacy intern will gain a better understanding of the role non-profit organizations play in public health advocacy. He or she will gain skills to prepare for a career in public health or policy, senior citizen issues and the Alzheimer’s disease arena.
• Accompany Public Policy Manager to meetings at State House and in Federal district offices
• Assist with creation of content for Advocacy website
• Track bills and legislative sponsors
• Assist with planning events such as Legislative Breakfasts
• Prepare materials for legislative meetings and events
• Self-starter with the ability to manage tasks independently
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Able to work efficiently with Microsoft office, especially Excel
• Comfort with making phone calls to legislative offices and volunteers
SkillsRequired - Outgoing, Professional Phone Skills
Preferred - Excel