Park Church Co-op InternThe Park Church Co-op
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Patient Services InternshipLFANC
Business/Economic Development/Marketing Intern WantedBotetourt County Chamber of Commerce
Providence Intervention Center
1509 California St
Posted: December 31 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionProvidence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse (PICAA) is located in Everett, WA. PICAA Provides emotional, medical and legal advocacy to victims of sexual assault and child abuse and their non-offending family members and friends. Advocates work in the office providing support at medical exams and support during Law Enforcement interviews. The adovcate work with miltiple agencies to provide care for children and adults who have experienced sexual abuse/assault. They also work along side forensic nurses in the 3 Hospital EDs around Snohomish County.
Responsibilities1. Accept a minimum of 4 scheduled on-call shifts a month.
2. Work in the office as an advocate two-three days per week
3. Attend monthly meetings and scheduled trainings.
4. Respond to victims of sexual assault and child abuse during scheduled shifts providing advocacy, crisis intervention, information, community referrals and follow-up emotional support.
5. Meet victims at hospital emergency rooms to provide services.
6. Complete specified intake, screening, and date forms for each client contact.
7. Satisfactory completion of basic training program.
8. Provide one year service.
9. Abide by hospital policies and protocols.
10. Assist the medical team in completion of forensic examination.
11. Maintain communication with the Intervention Center in an effort to proactively solve problems and maintain quality client care.
Requirements1. Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license.
2. Have a safe, reliable, and insured automobile.
3. Have a private phone available for your use.
4. Be 18 years of age or older.
5. Completion of basic training program and attend a minimum of 12 hours of ongoing training per year, which is provided by PICAA.
6. Participate hospital orientation and Annual Safety Update, including annual TB testing
7. Able to work without continual direct supervision.
8. Able to maintain strict standards of confidentiality.
9. Satisfactory Washington State Criminal Background Check.
10. Able to work with victims and staff of all cultural, socio-economic, religious, and any other background.