Non-profit Internship for a Community Service and Advocacy Oriented OrganizationNCJW/Essex
Special Events and Communications Intern - FallCamp Twin Lakes
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Marketing InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Website Blogger Co-Writer And Personal Assistant NeededLet's Talk Fibro Blogging Website
Nonpaid Teen KAP Summer Community Service Program and Nonprofit Administration InternThe Kiran Anjali Project
Costume InternBroadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
3211 Providence Dr.
Posted: June 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.