Customer serviceUpward African Woman
Office AssistantUpward African Woman
Social Justice Summer InternshipSummer Communities of Service
ALMA NYC (501(c)(3) Arts Company)ALMA NYC
UMD SAFE Center for Human Trafficking Survivors: Social Services Summer 2017 InternshipUniversity of Maryland SAFE Center
Special Events InternNational Kidney Foundation of Illinois
Camp CounselorProdigal Kids
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
1301 Columbia College Dr
Posted: June 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.