Cape Fear Volunteer Center Programming CoordinatorCape Fear Volunteer Center- Big Buddy Program
Grant researcher and writerChildren's Museum of Roanoke
Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Marketing Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Public Relations Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Administrative AssistantThe Alive Inside Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternThe Alive Inside Foundation
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
1845 Fairmount St
Posted: June 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.