Program Assistant InternInternational Visitors Council of Los Angeles
Marketing-Communications AssistantGirl Scouts of Eastern SC
Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf Internship360 Communities
Bilingual CalFresh InternSecond Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing InternSalastina Music Society
Young Professionals Network - Children's BureauChildren's Bureau
Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
88 Commercial St
Posted: June 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.