Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
1117 Stanford Dr NE
Posted: June 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.