Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Advocate (telecommute)Bookmark This
The Borgen Project
1400 John R. Lynch St
Posted: June 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
This is a great entry-level volunteer position for someone looking to be part of The Borgen Project. Advocates can operate from anywhere in the U.S. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Hours: 4-hours per week
- Attend one (30-60 minute) national conference call per month: 5PM PDT 6PM MDT 7PM CDT 8PM EDT
- Serve as an ambassador for the world’s poor. Build awareness of the issues and ways people can help.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Represent The Borgen Project in your city – attend events and engage people in the cause.
- Contact congressional leaders in support of key poverty-reduction programs.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments.