Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Fall 2016 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Membership & Development Internship, Spring 2017International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
American Lung Association in Houston TX- Social Media InternshipBookmark This
American Lung Association
2030 North Loop West, Suite 250
Posted: July 18 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWho We Are:
The American Lung Association in Houston is a local affiliate of the American Lung Association (ALA), the oldest, voluntary, non-profit health organization in the United States. The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy. Our work is focused on five strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to improve the air we breathe; to reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families; to eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases; and to monitor and enhance organizational effectiveness.
The Social Media Internship is offered to students and professionals who have an interest in marketing or public relations. The intern will gain knowledge in online communication, a master of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with outreach goals in a professional setting. The Special Events Intern will work directly with and report to the Development Manager
RequirementsWhen do our internships begin/end?
Begin: Determined during interview and on our needs and the needs of the student (ongoing/rolling start)
End: Internship positions last 3 months from start date
All submissions will be considered until the positions have been filled. Students may resubmit every 3 months.
Paid / Unpaid?
Applicants should provide the following materials:
Please submit a resume, including any relevant course work, and all previous volunteer involvement. Please include a cover letter summarizing the reason applicant wants to work at ALA and what he/she hopes to gain from the internship experience.
Responsibilities are as follows: contribute to website redesign project in various ways, Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks, Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
Website and social media optimization, Keyword analysis, Cost/benefit analysis
The position is a supportive role that requires one to work efficiently on both team-based and independent projects.
Requirements Time required:
A 3 month commitment is required. Hours per week are flexible depending on our needs and the needs of the student. This will be discussed and determined during the interview process.
Hours are flexible, provided the student is able to be at the office during our regular working hours (9:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
* A desire to work in the field of non-profit development or special event planning.
* Experience or interest in establishing and cultivating relationships with corporate supporters in order to secure funding for ALA’s programmatic services and special events.
* Experience or interest in event marketing in order to secure participants for ALA’s special events.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable making unsolicited phone calls.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Must be able to manage projects with goals and deadlines.
* Enthusiasm to learn and a team player.
* Some knowledge preferred using e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and social media outlets.
* A problem solver with the ability to lead when the situation dictates.
* Ability to work some weekend and evening hours.