Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
IT/Computer Systems Intern100 For All
Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty seeks Spring 2017 Advocacy InternTexas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
Spring 2017 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Inventory Management InternCradles To Crayons
Community Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
ASHOKA Social Financial Services Summer 2017 Deep-Dive MastersAshoka: Innovators for the Public
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
American Red Cross - Intern, Disaster ServicesBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: April 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64730
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Disaster Services is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Mobile, AL.
• Undergraduate senior student and above enrolled in a degree program preferably in Human Services, Social Work, Emergency Management, Psychology, Casework, or related
• This internship will involve knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Responds promptly to customer needs. Uses time efficiently. Maintains confidentiality.
• Provides administrative and clerical support including answering phones, routing incoming call, and customer service.
• Responds to general inquiries about the program and services.
• Schedules and coordinates requests for presentations and trainings.
• Collects preliminary client information and refers client to appropriate Red Cross and community services.
• Processes requests for presentations to community groups.
• Monitors and maintains program supply and equipment inventory, including printed materials.
• Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
• Maintains calendar of events.
• Conducts follow-up on volunteer applications.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester – June through August
• 35 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.