Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Animal Care Sanctuary's Art for AnimalsBookmark This
Animal Care Sanctuary
353 Sanctuary Hill Ln.
East Smithfield, PA
Posted: June 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAnimal Care Sanctuary(ACS) is one of the oldest and largest no-kill, organizations in the United States located in East Smithfield and Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Our goal is to promote the humane care and treatment of all animals in need of protection including rescued, abandoned and abused animals. Our adoption program seeks to promote the enrichment of the lives of both the animals being adopted as well as their new families.
This internship provides opportunities to develop your creative skills in art variety of areas involved in promoting and advertising shelter animals and is ideal for art students with majors in graphic design and photography who are looking to expand their skill set and gain invaluable experience in using their designs and passion to make a difference. Interns will be given the opportunity to experience a non-profit, no-kill shelter housing over 300 cats, 50 dogs, horses, and even a few pigs! This internship also offers a unique experience where they will spend the duration of their stay living with a shelter animal with which they will provide an alternative form of sheltering in a home like environment and provide creative exposure for the promotion of this companion animal.
ResponsibilitiesIntern Responsibilities include:
1. Interns will work with existing staff and management to provide daily exposure through the use of various forms of art including graphic design and photography and to develop strategic plans to help the organization continue promoting its mission and purpose. Interns will also:
• Aide in visual promotion of events, animals, specific departmental needs
• Organize and develop a strong social media outlet through Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc.
• Develop a strong relationship with the community through events and local papers and advertising agents for the promotion of Animal Care Sanctuary
2. Interns will have the opportunity to join a committee of their choice, where they will work with existing staff to assist the facility in promotion and development. Available committees include:
• Woof Stock- music festival
• Special fundraising events-car wash etc.
• Paws for the Cause
• And more!
3. Interns will have the opportunity to assist the facility with regular fundraising efforts and events to raise money to fund our non-profit facility. Past events have included motorcycle rides and wine-tasting events, but interns are expected to bring new ideas to the table.
4. Interns will be required to reside with a dog that needs more socialization and that will prosper in a stress free environment. They will be required to provide special advertisement for their dog to promote its adoption. They will also provide documentation and meet weekly with the site behaviorist.
RequirementsRequirements also include:
• Candidates must be pursuing or have recently received a degree in graphic design, art education, and or fine art
• Teamwork and communication skills are essential to success in this program
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform physical duties such as bending, stooping, and kneeling
• Ability to work on your feet for several hours at a time
• Knowledge of and/or experience with operant and classical conditioning preferred
• Must possess a personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
This internship is 40 hrs/week, and interns may be required to work weekends as assigned. Housing is provided on-site.