Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Animal Caregiver Internship at Woodstock Farm SanctuaryBookmark This
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
2 Rescue Road
High Falls, NY
Posted: September 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWoodstock Farm Sanctuary provides shelter to cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, sheep, goats, and rabbits who have been rescued from cases of abuse, neglect and abandonment. At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees, as well as educating the public about the vegan diet and the typically horrific treatment of animals who are raised for food.
The Volunteer Internship program at Woodstock Farm Sanctuary provides individuals with unique opportunities to advocate for and connect with farm animals, establish community with like-minded people, and acquire valuable knowledge of the various facets of animal protection. We are a nonprofit organization with limited funds, so WFS Internships are unpaid but very rewarding!
The hard work and dedication of WFS interns is a vital part of our work. The commitment of interns helps us rescue, provide care and advocate for suffering victims of food animal production.
Interns are responsible for buying and preparing their own food. For internships where housing is provided, weekly trips to the grocery store are provided for interns without vehicles.
Limited housing MAY be available. If your application is contingent upon housing, please note this in your letter of interest. If you do not require housing, your chances of securing an internship are much greater.
Out of respect for the animals and the work that WFS does, all staff and interns are required to be vegan (no meat, dairy products, eggs, honey, or other animal byproducts) while on sanctuary grounds. Shared kitchen facilities are available. Food markets and restaurants are within a 15-minute drive.
- Animal feeding and watering
- Barn and habitat cleaning and enrichment
- Shelter cleaning projects
- Assisting with animal health checks
- Animal monitoring for special needs animals
- Additional non-animal related tasks as needed
Requirements- Good animal behavior observation skills
- Ability to work in harsh/all weather conditions
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and meet animal care schedules
- Ability to work well with a variety of people
- Very reliable and dependable
- Commitment to WFS animal care policies and standards
- Commitment to WFS organizational programs and goals
- Flexibility and openness to a multitude of tasks