Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
ArtsKC Fund Campaign InternBookmark This
ArtsKC - Regional Arts Council
106 Southwest Blvd.
Kansas City, MO
Posted: October 13 2016
Application Deadline: January 4, 2017
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/18/17 — 05/18/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTiming: 20 hours per week, January 18 – May 16 (dates flexible)
ArtsKC is a not-for-profit organization serving the five-county region; including Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas. We provide programs and services to arts organizations, artists and the business and civic communities.
ArtsKC serves as the voice for the arts community. We connect and support the arts in the community as a means to create transformation. We believe that the arts are a public good and critical to our region’s success.
ArtsKC operates the ArtsKC Fund, the united arts fund in Kansas City. The fund raises money to provide grants to artists, arts organizations and arts programs in Kansas City.
Reports to: ArtsKC Fund Manager
This individual will work 20 hours per week with the ArtsKC Fund Manager supporting the following goals and initiatives:
1. Campaign committee Preparations:
a. Attend Advisory council Meetings, 3rd Thurs. of the month, noon
2. Donor cultivation
3. Database management
4. Workplace Giving Campaign reports
5. Event support
6. Help plan and solicit partnerships for the 2017/2018 Encounter events
- Working with fun, flexible, dedicated and hardworking professionals
- Learning new technologies and having an impact on the agency’s ability to serve
- Helping to build a culture of creativity and innovation for Kansas City
- Helping strengthen the role of ArtsKC as the champion for the arts
- Great location in the Crossroads Arts District and paid parking
• Prepare and distribute campaign-related communications
• Assemble and deliver Workplace Giving Campaign packets
• Proofread press releases, donor reports, event invitations and website
• Schedule events and collect RSVPs
• Donor reporting
• Prepare for meetings & events (room & projector set-up, document preparation, catering orders)
• Attend ArtsKC Fund-related meetings and take minutes where required
• General office assistance as needed
• Perform data maintenance in Salesforce
• Serve as a backup to the Administrative Assistant for front desk and phone coverage
• Assist at evening and weekend events as needed:
o February/March/April/May First Fridays assistance (when available)
o Thursday, February 23, 2017 – 14th Annual ArtsKC Awards Luncheon, 10AM-2PM
o Saturday, March 18, 2017, Royal Art and Architecture at Kauffman Stadium, 3-6PM
o Thursday, May 18, 2017, Folk Songs and Stories at The Writer’s Place, 5:30-8:30PM
RequirementsWho are we looking for?
- College students or recent grads wanting to build their resume and professional experience
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts, the nonprofit community or being a part of a growing organization
- Smart, dedicated, and resourceful professionals who can manage their time and have fun doing it
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
SkillsRequired - Excel, Microsoft Basic
Preferred - WordPress