Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Asheville non-profit looking for Spring Intern!!!Bookmark This
78 Patton Avenue
Posted: September 27 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOUTREACH AND FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIP
BiblioWorks is a 501 (c) (3) that promotes education and literacy under the belief that healthy communities require healthy minds. Since 2005 we have built and supported 13 public libraries in impoverished communities in Bolivia, South America.
The Outreach and Fundraising intern provides essential support to the administrative department of BiblioWorks, including working on communications, program development, and financial matters relating to the organization.
Responsibilities- Collaborate on the implementation of the annual fundraising plan.
- Support the organization in the execution of the end of the year fundraising campaign and event.
- Organize and update the organization's donors data base and provide continuous communication with donors.
- Manage the ongoing email fundraising campaign.
- Ensure the outreach development of the organization in Asheville by participating in the activities of fellow local organizations.
- Ensure ongoing and thorough communication with staff in Bolivia.
- Write monthly blog posts and newsletters to update donors and supporters of ongoing events and happenings.
- Help the Treasurer with accounting through use of Quickbooks.
- Update and maintain BiblioWorks' website.
- Research and apply for grants to help sponsor BiblioWorks' projects.
Requirements- Advanced knowledge of fundraising strategies and tools.
- Experience in event planning.
- Deep interest and motivation in international development and humanitarian work.
- Competency and desire to work on intercultural teams.
- Proficiency in Spanish.