Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Assistant Educational Facilitator / Specialist (Manhattan Location)Bookmark This
Community Counseling and Mediation
115 west 31st
New York, NY
Posted: October 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCommunity Counseling and Mediation (CCM) is an established, innovative, community-based not-for-profit social service agency serving Kings County, Brooklyn, New York. From a single-site mental health center, CCM has grown into an eleven-site, multi-service agency. CCM provides a broad spectrum of culturally informed programs and quality services in four core areas: 1) Mental Health and Substance Abuse; 2) Education and Youth Development; 3) Preventive, Adoption and Foster Care Services for Youth and Families; and 4) Housing Services.
Community Counseling and Mediation (CCM) is currently seeking dedicated individuals with a profound interest in making a significant and positive difference in the lives of some of New York City’s most disconnected and underprivileged youth by providing them with the knowledge, resources, job training and experiences they need in order to transition successfully into adulthood.
Job Title: Assistant Educational Facilitator/ Specialist
• Candidate will report to CCM’s 810 Classon Avenue location in Brooklyn, NY or CCM's West 31st Street location in Manhattan to assist in the planning, development and facilitation of educational workshops for youth’s ages 14-24.
• Candidate will assist in the research and development of various topics related to life skills training for youths ages 14-24.
• Candidate will serve as an educational mentor for participants and will build relationships with participants while assisting them in the development of a plan for lifelong learning and career acquisition.
• Candidate will daily maintain comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate records of participant attendance and documentation related to participant educational service compliance which must be submitted for official use on a daily basis.
• Candidate must complete CCM’s Orientation and Community Advocates Training which will inform and better equip him/her to carry out assigned duties. Program regulations, policies, and requirements will be covered during training.
• Candidate must actively research various topics related to life skills training in order to create and develop several curriculums that will engage participants while complimenting NYC’s Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) educational standards.
• Candidate must collaborate with CCM’s Educational and Career Development team in the creation, development and implementation of life skills workshops.
• Candidate must daily maintain a wide variety of documents, files and records (machine and manual) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail pertaining to CCM’s program compliance.
• Candidate is responsible for recording and tracking the attendance of participants.
• Candidate must supervise participants present at educational service workshops.
• Candidate must conduct workshops alongside CCM’s Educational and Career Development Team.
• Candidate must develop and conduct soft skills training for participants in group or individually.
• Candidate must attend staff meetings as required.
Candidate must be available Monday through Friday from 12pm to 8pm and on Saturdays 9am to 3pm
• Candidate must be a highly self‐motivated, energetic, outcome‐oriented individual who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
• Candidate must have the ability to take initiative and work creatively
• Candidate must have the ability to devise, research, prepare and deliver exciting and engaging learning sessions
• Candidate must have excellent organizational and planning skills
• Candidate must communicates clearly, verbally and in writing
• Candidate must have ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Candidate must have ability to deal professionally and sensitively with a diverse audience and a wide range of contacts at different levels
• Candidate must have ability to handle a number of projects and prioritize work
• Candidate must have strong computer skills
• Candidate must have ability to speak publicly and facilitate for small audiences
• Candidate must be able to commit 35 hrs a week