Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Benedict XVI Internship - Evangelization MinistryBookmark This
Ss Peter and Paul
404 Hudson Street
Posted: April 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Faith Community of Ss Peter and Paul, a vibrant and spirit-filled Roman Catholic parish in the city of Hoboken, NJ, following the model and traditions of Vatican II, seeks an Intern for Evangelization. Ss Peter and Paul has a 900 registered individuals and/or families, composed of young, professional adults and young families, located on the banks of the Hudson River, just across from New York City. The parish celebrated its 125th Anniversary last year.
The Mission Statement of Ss Peter and Paul reads:
We are a welcoming, faith-filled Catholic community on the Hoboken waterfront. We spread the Word of God through prayerful worship and service to the parish and to our neighbors.
The successful candidate will engage and prepare lay Catholics for full and active participation in the New Evangelization. S/he will recruit, train, and coordinate lay leaders for leadership in parish-based ministries including pastoral planning and evangelization initiatives.
The New Evangelization calls each of us to deepen our faith, believe in the Gospel message and go forth to proclaim the Gospel. The focus of the New Evangelization calls all Catholics to be evangelized and then go forth to evangelize. In a special way, the New Evangelization is focused on 're-proposing' the Gospel to those who have experienced a crisis of faith. The New Evangelization invites each Catholic to renew their relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church. [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops]
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Implement the New Evangelization directive as stated by the USCCB within the parish setting;
• Promote understanding of evangelization in its broadest scope and to provide education, strategies, tools and resources to implement within the parish setting;
• Plan and implement programs that engage the youth and young adults in evangelization and to become more actively involved in the parish;
• Continue the dialogue with newly married couples and families with newly baptized children;
• Welcome and engage new parishioners;
• Assist Pastor and Staff in implementation of New Evangelization initiatives;
• Knowledge and experience using news and social media as a tool for education and communications;
• Coordinate the development of individuals and groups for parish ministry in evangelization;
ResponsibilitiesEach member of the team will have a unique and distinct project for the months of engagement, including, but not limited to: Youth Ministry/Catechesis, Young Adult Ministry, Social Outreach or Evangelization.
• Active Roman Catholic in good standing with a strong desire to assist the Church in faithfully and responsibly proclaiming the Gospel of Christ and His Church;
• Ability to vigorously articulate Catholic faith within church and to the secular world in written and oral communication;
• Knowledge of Church teaching in the field of marriage and family life, youth and young adult ministry;
• Desire to work in parish based ministry;
• Excellent oral and written skills;
• Outgoing personality;
• Possess emotional and spiritual maturity;
• Have a willingness to live in a community;
• A bachelor’s degree with some experience or training in pastoral ministry, catechetics, theology or religious studies.
Applicants will be able to work part time provided the job does not interfere with his/her community responsibilities. Room, board and a small stipend will be provided. Applicants must provide 20 hours of service per week and commit to serve 6-12 months. Each candidate must also provide his/her own health insurance.
Submissions: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send
• cover letter describing the reason(s) for your interest in the position and
• resumé and 2 letters of reference, both in .DOC or .PDF format, via email to:
Ss Peter and Paul Church
404 Hudson Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030