Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Bike MS InternBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Captial Chapter
1800 M St NW Suite 750 South
Posted: November 24 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPosition Title: Bike MS Intern
Department: Development, Mass Market Events
Position Summary: The Bike MS Intern will assist with all areas including: recruitment, cultivation, marketing and organization of Bike MS.
Location: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Capital Chapter, Washington, DC
Reports to: Bike MS Event Manager, Development Team
Commitment: Office hours are Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm. Hourly commitments are flexible depending on availability. Some evening and weekend hours required, including event weekend. Bike MS occurs in June annually.
Impact: The Bike MS Intern’s role is crucial in helping the Chapter in its planning of the Bike MS event, taking place yearly in early summer. Additionally, the Bike MS Intern will create long lasting partnerships the Chapter will use for years to come, resulting in increased awareness, funding, and participation at future Mass market events to help the Society to spread the word about MS and to ultimately achieve its goal of ending MS forever.
Training: Initial orientation is provided along with staff and Chapter introductions and an overview of basic office equipment required to perform this position. Ongoing feedback and training is available from the Bike MS team.
• Excellent opportunity to obtain professional references
• Learn how a mass market event which engages over 1,000 participants & volunteers, is produced for a large, nationally respected non-profit organization
• Learn new skills and access to software
• Chance to meet new people
• The Bike MS Intern also has the chance to contribute to a professional and friendly workplace that embraces each individual’s skills and abilities
• To become part of a movement to do something about MS
Please send cover letter and resume to:
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities may include:
• Research & procurement of in-kind donations – including goodie bag items, food, entertainment and services needed for event weekend
• Developing relationships with area bike shops
• Secure bike shops for brochure distribution, prize donation, marketing and event weekend bike repair along routes
• Contacting current/past event participants and volunteers
• Assist in mass distribution of posters, recruitment cards and brochures
• Research & secure hotel locations and discounts for event participants
• Research and contribute new avenues for marketing & promotion of the Bike MS event
• Assist with marketing, social media
• Assist with all aspects of event development including: site development, vendor relations, in-kind sponsorships, outreach, event promotions, participant cultivation, database support, volunteer outreach, communications, social media and general community outreach.
• Assist with development of event materials include: bib orders, cue sheets, rest stop & event permits, etc.
• Assist with prize structure and disbursement
• Other duties, based on intern interests and event priorities
Requirements• Candidate must show attention to detail.
• Candidate must be outgoing, personable and have excellent communication skills
• Candidate must be extremely comfortable on the telephone and be able to make warm and cold-calls to prospective sponsors, donors, participants and volunteers
• Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changing assignments and schedules
• Willingness to pitch in where necessary
• Ability to contribute new ideas is helpful
• Interest in special event development and planning
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Writing and editing skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office are a plus
• Ability to stand for extended periods and tolerate heat (experienced on event weekend)