InternsFocal Point Global
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Las Vegas, NVShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Saint Paul, MNShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Program and/or Fundraising Summer InternshipWylderness Youth Leadership Diversity (WYLD)
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, MEShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, ORShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Milwaukee, WIShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Business Development InternshipBookmark This
Clean the World
2544 E Landstreet Rd, Suite 600
Posted: January 19 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 05/22/17 — 08/04/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionClean the World is seeking an intern on our Business Development Team. The Intern will be responsible for assisting the Sales Team work with companies who care about people and social change. The Sales Team is responsible for creating, pitching, and maintaining relationships with corporations to support our mission.
Clean the World is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, Clean the World has contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Responsibilities• Researching hotels and corporations that care about helping people and social change.
• Cold outreach to potential new hotels and corporations.
• Brainstorming marketing and outreach ideas.
• Assisting in the management of our current supporters or accounts.
• Assisting in pitch process and deck creation.
• Support the Hotel Recycling Team as well as the Hygiene Sales Team.
Requirements• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We want a go-getter!
• Knowledge of trends of the green moment.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision, meet deadlines, and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, good on the phone.
• Highly organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail.
• Able to think strategically and not afraid to pitch a big idea.
• Microsoft Office skills required.
• Comfortable making new friends in any setting.
• Graduate student (preferred) or undergraduate in Marketing, Business Administration, International Relations, International Development or a related field.