Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Business Development InternshipBookmark This
Clean the World
28 West Central Blvd, Suite 280
Posted: January 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionClean the World is seeking an intern on our Business Development Team. The Intern will be responsible for assisting the Sales Team work with companies who care about people and social change. The Sales Team is responsible for creating, pitching, and maintaining relationships with corporations to support our mission.
Clean the World is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, Clean the World has contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Responsibilities• Researching hotels and corporations that care about helping people and social change.
• Cold outreach to potential new hotels and corporations.
• Brainstorming marketing and outreach ideas.
• Assisting in the management of our current supporters or accounts.
• Assisting in pitch process and deck creation.
• Support the Hotel Recycling Team as well as the Hygiene Sales Team.
Requirements• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We want a go-getter!
• Knowledge of trends of the green moment.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision, meet deadlines, and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, good on the phone.
• Highly organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail.
• Able to think strategically and not afraid to pitch a big idea.
• Microsoft Office skills required.
• Comfortable making new friends in any setting.
• Graduate student (preferred) or undergraduate in Marketing, Business Administration, International Relations, International Development or a related field.