Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
Anchor House Ministries
3000 K-ville Ave
Posted: December 04 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInternship position will be for our "12 Points of Light" Initiative. Intern will network with local businesses and faith-based entities to commit to supporting the ministry for one month. Support can be accomplished in many different ways: financial, volunteering, business services, landscaping, companionship with residents, seasonal decorattions for the residence, etc.
Anchor House Ministries has been saving lives, one boy at a time since 1974.
We are a secure, ten acre, residential facility where abused and neglected boys can live in peace while being nurtured to recovery in a Christian atmosphere. We offer both traditional (ages 10-17) and extended care (ages 18-21) programs. Our residents are referred to us by state or private counselors. We are licensed by the State of Florida for to serve over 30 boys.
Anchor House Ministries works with our boys to develop life plans which include: individual counseling, educational assessment, life skills training, practical experience, and goal setting. We also try to assist in helping our residents learn to manage their own behavior by making positive and sound decisions. We want to see them reunited with family, or press on to a life of independence and self-sufficiency.
‘Boys becoming men,’ is the tradition of Anchor House. Our graduates now serve our armed services, local government, business and industry, and many other vocations.
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing sponsors and donors
- Managing and following up on marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Work within the Mission of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Social Services Degree or equivalent education