Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Case Aid Intern - available in Allegheny, Beaver, Washington, Greene and Lawrence CountiesBookmark This
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh
212 9th street
Posted: March 11 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCatholic Charities is dedicated to championing the dignity of the person, improving the quality of life, and advocating for the social good of the human family, so that the poor and vulnerable, always welcomed and loved, embrace opportunities necessary to realize their potential.
This internship is best suited for someone that wants to work in the Social Work aspect of the non-profit.
Works under the guidance of program staff to provide assistance with case management to ensure that clients are linked with appropriate resources.
Intern positions and responsibilities can be altered to fit to an individual needs and skills set.
1. Assist caseworkers and staff members in providing services for Catholic Charities clientele in order to link inquiries with appropriate resources.
2. Assesses requests for service to determine applicant eligibility.
3. Documents client and service coordination information in a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner to ensure compliance with program standards, under supervision of caseworkers.
4. Write and review case notes under supervision of caseworkers.
5. Files correspondence, documents, and participant records in appropriate file to assure proper access and retrieval of materials.
6. Answers the telephone, routes calls, and provides routine in-take services in a courteous and professional manner to assure a high standard of communication with the public.
Reporting Relationship: County/Program Director (unless otherwise discussed)
o Must be comfortable working with a diverse population
o Must attend Agency Volunteer Orientation & Training*
o Abide by Catholic Charities Code of Ethics and Social Teachings of the Catholic Church
o Understanding of problems, conflicts and life experience of client populations (preferred).
*Please note: additional training may be required depending on the po
ResponsibilitiesWork with case worker to help insure clients needs are met through appropriate assistance. Guide clients to become better equipped to handle life's struggles and have the ability to better take care of themselves and family.
Requirementso Act 33 and Act 34 clearances required.
FBI Clearance also needed.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word
Preferred - Adaptability, Compassion