Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Marketing & Communications InternTyler Robinson Foundation Inc.
Camp CounselorCamp Coyote
Virtual Interns for Public CharityFalkos Espinosa Charitable Trust
Case ManagementBookmark This
Denver Rescue Mission
6090 Smith Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDenver Rescue Mission has been serving the poor and needy in the Denver metro area for more than 120 years. We are changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
Internships at Denver Rescue Mission offer hands-on experience in nonprofit, human services, and ministry fields. You won’t be sorting envelopes or delivering coffee! At the Mission, you’ll make a lasting impact by serving the homeless and needy. Our goal is to help interns grow educationally, professionally, and spiritually so that they are equipped for a lifetime of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our internships follow the academic calendar and have fall, spring, and summer start dates. Full-time and part-time internships are available. Full-time interns also enjoy free room and board, a monthly stipend and tuition remuneration.
This field placement will allow you to interact with a broad spectrum of the homeless population.
The Case Manager placement involves experience in answering incoming calls and following up with recorded messages. Applications and Interviews will include assisting in the evaluation of family statuses for program approval through the interview process. Under supervision, you will assist in educating the families towards self-sufficiency. You will also track and follow up with participants via phone and personal conversations. The spiritual ministry of the internship will include praying with families; providing spiritual support for families; and providing Gospel literature and Bibles.
To start the application process, visit: DenverRescueMission.org/internships
• Develop skills in cross-cultural and cross-socio/economic care and ministry through meeting the needs of the poor, and homeless families through agency networking and research
• Learn to screen and interview candidate families, maintain contact and follow-up, and serve as spiritual helper as well as case manager
• Develop skills to encourage clients to use their own resources to meet their needs
• Learn to seek and utilize feedback to improve your professional development
• Gain an understanding of the FRM Program, both administration & direct client services.
• Serve as Case Manager for a diverse caseload of homeless families & individuals
• Gain group presentations skills (agency presentations & staff meeting reports)
• Learn how to interact professionally within an organizational & client system.
• Screen clients for FRM
• Develop client files
• Do Intakes
• Church liaison work
• Manage case load
• Outreach to homeless family location and in home visits of participants (optional)
Requirements• Minimum age of 21
• Available between the hours of 8:30 am - 5 pm (Monday – Friday)
• Prefer for intern(s) to have their own transportation but not required
• No degree required
Background experience and/or requirements (must have worked with youth, etc.)
• Customer Service
• Have worked with a diverse population
Character traits necessary for the position
• Team player
• Proficient with computer and phone
• Quick learner
• Knowledgeable in working with a diverse population
• Strong verbal and written communication skills