Non-Profit Development InternAmerican Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology
Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
California Climate Wiki Seeking InternsClimatePolitics
Child Development Intern: Oxford Circle CCDABookmark This
900 E. Howell Street
Posted: November 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
For Interns without a Bachelors Degree: One Year Work Study Internship
• Provides a work study internship with free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry.
• Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, and Urban Missions.
• Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
• Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,645).
• Expectation is typically 29 hours of volunteer work with 16 hours of class work per week (45 hours total).
For Interns with a Bachelors Degree: One Year Paid Internship, Multi-Year Graduate Fellowship or Technology Ministry Master's Fellowship
One Year Paid Internship
-Volunteer Interns paid a living stipend from $200-$600/month (depending on site).
-Free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry. (Optional)
-Expectation is typically 40 hours of volunteer work per week.
For Interns with a Bachelors Degree: MultiYear Graduate Fellowship
• Free tuition in Bakke Graduate University programs including MBA, Masters in Global Leadership or Social Entrenpreneurship.
• Some sites may provide an additional stipend or housing.
• Candidates may receive up to 6 hours of independent study credit based on practicum work at ministry.
• Supervised nonprofit or ministry experience interning 29 hours per week.
Technology Ministry Master's Fellowship Must have STEM (science, technology engineering or math) background
-Free tuition in City Vision College's Master's Program in Science, Technology, Society and Ministry
-Supervised technology and ministry experience as an intern or tech missionary
-Candidates may receive up to 6 hours of independent study credit based on practicum work at ministry site (in select states)
ResponsibilitiesDESCRIPTION: Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Youth Worker Intern. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Youth Worker Intern (35-40 hrs per week) is responsible for developing (new program), planning and implementing activities for out of school time including after school and summer for high school age youth. The incumbent will also assist in providing referral and support services to youth and families listed in programs.
1. Develop, plan and implement daily program activities for high school youth based on best practice models for after school and summer programs (25%)
2. Work with Youth Coalition to develop plan and model for high school program including input from youth, parents, and community (25%)
3. Work with volunteers/instructors assisting with daily activities (10%)
4. Develop relationships and partnerships with the participants' parents and schools (10%)
5. Conduct home and school visits as needed (5%)
6. Develop yearly service plan for youth enrolled in programs (5%)
7. Ensure that accurate and current documentation is maintained, including applications and any case notes and/or incident reports (10%)
8. Assist Program Director and Youth Coordinator in ensuring compliance with requirements of OCCCDA and funders (5%)
9. Develop a network of social service and support agencies which provide services to community youth (5%)
Requirements• At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
•Must be a Christian
•U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
•Able to make at least a one year commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
•Able to financially live on just free housing (if you opt for the Work Study Internship) and any outside income sources you have.
•Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)
• A commitment to youth and the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
• Associate's degree in Education, social work, or related field and two years experience working with youth.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org.
For more information about this site visit http://www.occcda.org/.