Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Climate Advocate Intern San DiegoBookmark This
Citizens Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave
Posted: September 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitizens Climate Lobby Purpose: To create the political will for a sustainable climate and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power.
To solve the climate crisis our methods include education on the science, economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
We strongly suggest you register to join an introductory call before applying. The call will introduce our organization, what we do, and why your contribution matters! Keep in mind the call is not geared towards interns, but will give potential interns a better idea of what their duties and goals would be.
The introductory call is scheduled for every Wednesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Eastern.
To register go to: The introductory call is scheduled for every Wednesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Eastern.
To register go to: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/join-weekly-intro-call/
***Apply only if you have the ability to volunteer on site at the location listed in the title of this description***
• Assist with tracking (and possible scheduling) meetings with members of Congress.
• Assist with event planning and prospective volunteer follow up. Follow up with calls and emails that explain CCL and steps to be involved and support programs.
• Research and writing projects related to advocacy, policy, economics, science and government.
• Writing and editing materials for grants, newspapers and communications with Congress.
• Office duties such as data entry, phone calls and email communications.
6 month commitment of two-5 hours shifts per week
• Concise, persuasive and polite writing and speaking ability. (Journalism or Communications education is helpful.)
• Passionate commitment to the environment and global warming issues.
• Willingness to learn about climate , civics, local and national politics. (Political Science or Sustainability education is helpful.)
• Positive upbeat attitude and ability to work with others on teams in a non-partisan way.
• Strong organizational skills, advance planning ability and attention to details.
• Excellent internet, word processing and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office).
• Exceptional attention to details
• Must be available to work in Leucadia, CA
• No remote internships available