Social Media InternshipSchools for Girls
Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
Commercial Alert Organizing Internship FALLBookmark This
1600 20th St NW
Posted: May 09 2017
Application Deadline: August 4, 2017
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 08/21/17 — 12/22/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPublic Citizen is a national, non-partisan, public interest group with over 400,000 members and activists. Commercial Alert became a project of Public Citizen in 2011.
Commercial Alert’s mission is to keep the commercial culture within its proper sphere and to prevent it from exploiting children and subverting the higher values of family, community, environmental integrity and democracy. Current campaign initiatives include: protecting consumers from misleading advertising on social media platforms, eliminating infant formula marketing from hospitals, and eliminating unhealthy food marketing from schools.
For more information about Commercial Alert, visit www.commercialalert.org.
We are seeking motivated individuals passionate about protecting children and families from excessive and unethical marketing tactics. Interns will work with the Campaign Coordinator to fulfill Commercial Alert’s mission and will have the opportunity to learn how to develop successful campaign strategies and targeted research methods.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will have a varied and interesting range of assignments. Key components of the internship are to provide assistance to the Campaign Coordinator with various tasks including:
• Researching marketing policies and relevant background information
• Researching city, state, and national public policies
• Identifying current events related to commercialism
• Assisting with the development of creative campaign actions
• Assisting with the development of press releases and social media content
Requirements• Strong commitment to public advocacy and a passion for protecting children from commercialism and exploitation
• Outstanding research skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word is necessary
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creativity in working on a small team to develop solutions to complex political and social problems
• Interest in public health is a plus