Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Communications InternBookmark This
Shoal Creek Conservancy
707 West Avenue, Suite 101
Posted: December 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Shoal Creek Conservancy (www.shoalcreekconservancy.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2013 with the mission of restoring, protecting and enhancing the ecological, social and cultural vibrancy of Shoal Creek for the people of Austin, Texas by engaging the public and partnering with the community. We seek to achieve this mission through activities that maintain and improve the Shoal Creek trail and greenway; enhance the public’s enjoyment of the Creek; and restore the watershed. Shoal Creek is the city’s oldest trail and extends for approximately four miles through the heart of Austin, Texas.
Description: Shoal Creek Conservancy seeks an intern with strong writing skills and knowledge and understanding of communications strategies, the digital media landscape, including various social media websites, and graphic design. The intern will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and administer marketing and communications campaigns for the Conservancy. The position is available to undergraduate or graduate as well as recent graduates.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires a minimum semester/summer commitment
Hours: At least 15 hours a week, preferably two to three times a week in the office
Stipend: $1,000 per semester/summer
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joanna Wolaver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Conservancy.
Responsibilities• Assist with the development and execution monthly social media campaigns
• Monitor and evaluate social media effectiveness
• Help maintain and update the Shoal Creek Conservancy website
• Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
• Assist with drafting the monthly e-newsletter to send to Shoal Creek supporters
• Promote fundraising events, volunteer opportunities, work days and programming and other
events in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator Intern and the Executive Director
• Assist with the development of marketing materials
• Work with the Executive Director to develop the Conservancy enterprise activities
• Improve the Conservancy’s list of local media contacts
• Draft media releases and organize media events as appropriate
Requirements• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Experience with Word Press a plus
• Direct experience working with social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Graphic design experience and proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Preferably a marketing, communications, journalism or Public Relations major
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple ongoing projects
• Enthusiasm for the Conservancy’s mission