Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Executive Program Assistant InternBookmark This
National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
1620 L Street NW, Suite 250
Posted: August 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWork with the Executive Staff to achieve the mission of ending the death penalty in the US and supporting efforts worldwide. Specifically, Executive Program Assistant Intern will provide personal administrative and program support to Executive Director. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience and to learn more about advocacy.
- conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- file and retrieve documents and reference materials
- manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
- record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- answer and manage incoming calls
- receive and interact with incoming visitors
The Executive Program Assistant Intern is expected to maintain stakeholder confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Applicant should note in his or her cover letter any special interest or experience in issues relevant to the position, including past anti-death penalty or broader criminal justice reform knowledge and experience as well as any direct experience working on capital or criminal justice cases.