Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Communications & Outreach CoordinatorBookmark This
2803 St. Philip Street
New Orleans, LA
Posted: October 06 2016
Application Deadline: December 5, 2016
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/11/17 — 06/11/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvacuteer.org seeks assistance in conducting our community outreach, volunteer engagement and marketing strategies. Interns will be trained to lead the Evacuation Volunteer (aka “Evacuteer”) training, then will help develop our presence both online and in the local community to expand our outreach and awareness initiatives exponentially!
This intern will work closely with the Program and Volunteer Manager to conduct outreach, manage correspondence and promotion, visit community partners, and train volunteers independently. Some grant writing and research projects may also require assistance from time to time.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Lead community partner and independent training sessions as needed.
- Generate content for our website, newsletter, social media posts, and email campaigns through promotion and photography at special events.
- Research geographical areas, demographics, etc. to assist with lead generation for potential community partnerships and outreach campaigns.
- Represent Evacuteer.org at community events and outreach fairs throughout the City of New Orleans.
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, developing relationships, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences for our outreach efforts.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and partnership, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Believe in the right of all human beings to be treated with dignity and respect in a mandatory evacuation scenario, and be aligned with Evacuteer.org's mission and goals.
SkillsRequired - Writing Skills, Public Speaking, Relationship Building, Interpersonal Skills
Preferred - Disaster Preparedness, Applied Anthropology