Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Communications & Outreach CoordinatorBookmark This
2803 St. Philip Street
New Orleans, LA
Posted: October 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvacuteer.org seeks assistance in conducting our community outreach, volunteer engagement and marketing strategies. Interns will be trained to lead the Evacuation Volunteer (aka “Evacuteer”) training, then will help develop our presence both online and in the local community to expand our outreach and awareness initiatives exponentially!
This intern will work closely with the Program and Volunteer Manager to conduct outreach, manage correspondence and promotion, visit community partners, and train volunteers independently. Some grant writing and research projects may also require assistance from time to time.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Lead community partner and independent training sessions as needed.
- Generate content for our website, newsletter, social media posts, and email campaigns through promotion and photography at special events.
- Research geographical areas, demographics, etc. to assist with lead generation for potential community partnerships and outreach campaigns.
- Represent Evacuteer.org at community events and outreach fairs throughout the City of New Orleans.
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, developing relationships, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences for our outreach efforts.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and partnership, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Believe in the right of all human beings to be treated with dignity and respect in a mandatory evacuation scenario, and be aligned with Evacuteer.org's mission and goals.
SkillsRequired - Writing Skills, Public Speaking, Relationship Building, Interpersonal Skills
Preferred - Disaster Preparedness, Applied Anthropology