Development InternSpina Bifida Association
AdministrationLEADING LADIES OF SOCIETY
Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Research, Social Media, & Communication - African American Church InitiativeChristian Alliance for Orphans
Non-Profit Assistant + Management Intern - Ignite Hope; https://www.ignitehope.online/Christian Alliance for Orphans
Graphic Design - Mercy House Global; mercyhouseglobal.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Well known animal rescue organization seeking interns to help with our Saturday adoption drivesOLLIE'S PLACE
Communications/Marketing InternBookmark This
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 350
Silver Spring, MD
Posted: August 16 2016
Our work in on improving the health delivery system for patients, individuals and families across multiple fronts and improving their quality of life means the way in which we communicate must be easily understood by these communities. Responsibility includes developing and refining HFI content published daily on our website and other communication channels to increase knowledge and promote the dissemination of evidence-based materials and resources. Manage and increase presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other community sites, as well as the development of relevant blogs.
Work to ensure that the strategic direction and message is executed consistently and properly in the social media sphere. Create and manage HFI media and integrate grassroots education, national policy, and broad public awareness and action for our constituents.
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
Hepatitis Foundation International is a non-profit organization established in 1994 dedicated to promoting liver wellness and reducing the incidence of preventable liver-related chronic diseases and lifestyles that negatively impact the liver including; obesity, diabetes, hepatitis, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular disease and fatty/liver cancer.
The HFI’s Internship Program offers participants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a non-profit 501(c)3 patient advocacy organization that is growing and expanding its services for the greater impact.
• Internship candidates provide essential public policy and administrative support, other responsibilities vary.
• Many internship candidates are studying health policy or health law, public health, health promotion or health education, however, the program can provide outstanding background for students from a number of different fields of study including: business, marketing, and communications.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with a twenty-hour-a-week minimum commitment for a minimum of 6 weeks to 6 months. HFI will work with students to meet requirements needed for earning academic credit.
Time Commitment: Monday-Friday 20-35 hours.
Academic Credit: Academic credit for the Program is at the discretion of your college, or university. HFI will assist you in providing appropriate information as your school requests.
HFI encourages individuals in various stages of their academic and professional careers to apply, although most internship candidates are either currently in college or graduate school, or recent graduates. The Hepatitis Foundation International internships are highly competitive and encompass work requiring prior knowledge in each specific program area. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns can expect to work on a variety of projects critical to promoting HFI’s mission similar to other non-profit voluntary organizations.
• Attend meetings in person and/or via conference call and webinar related to liver disease;
• Develop/draft legislative positions in relation to a number of different topics;
• Provide research support in development of advocacy positions and funding opportunities;
• Develop health information, i.e. fact sheets for diverse audiences;
• Identify advocacy opportunities; and
• Author position statements, corresponding press releases, organizational support statements and opinions;
• Attend/represent HFI at coalition, briefings and other advocacy meetings.
• Administrative responsibilities and data entry.
HFI interns will have the opportunity to develop a project(s) in conjunction with HFI staff that they will create and complete during their internship.
RequirementsQualified Candidates Should:
• Have excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities
• Be able to work independently, with initial guidance
• Be flexible and detail oriented
• Be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• MS Office Software
• Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management across a range of businesses and organizations.
• Demonstrate through previous experience a passion for improving overall health including health systems,
processes and protocols to better the needs of individuals, families, and communities