Grant Writing InternTubman
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Regional Mental Health Advocacy Coordinator - VirtualGriffin Ambitions Ltd.
Teachers/Counselors at SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Fitness Internship with the South Shore YMCA (health and well being department)South Shore YMCA
Legislative and Policy Research Intern (Virtual)SEIU Local 668
Operations and Research InternAgora Partnerships
10-Week Summer Internship in Community Organizing for College StudentsYaffed
Community EngagementBookmark This
Denver Rescue Mission
6090 Smith Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDenver Rescue Mission has been serving the poor and needy in the Denver metro area for more than 120 years. We are changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
Internships at Denver Rescue Mission offer hands-on experience in nonprofit, human services, and ministry fields. You won’t be sorting envelopes or delivering coffee! At the Mission, you’ll make a lasting impact by serving the homeless and needy. Our goal is to help interns grow educationally, professionally, and spiritually so that they are equipped for a lifetime of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our internships follow the academic calendar and have fall, spring, and summer start dates. Full-time and part-time internships are available. Full-time interns also enjoy free room and board, a monthly stipend and tuition remuneration.
The Community Engagement field placement opportunity will give you knowledge and experience in recruiting, training, and engaging volunteer mentor teams matched with homeless families and seniors. You will also receive hands-on experience with fundraising and event planning. Vehicle highly preferred.
To start the application process, visit: DenverRescueMission.org/internships
• Learn to recruit, train, engage and retain mentors
• Gain experience by mentoring a family or senior
• Serving by empowering and encouraging others to serve
• Recruiting new mentors from area churches in and out of office via phone calls, emails and visiting
• Training new mentors with Congregation Relations Coordinator
• Matching program participants with current mentors
• Regularly following up with current mentors via phone calls and emails
• Keeping program resource list current
• Assisting with program material edits and updates (when needed)
Requirements• Minimum age of 21
• Available between the hours of 8:30 am - 5 pm (Monday – Friday)
Background experience and/or requirements
• Vehicle and ability/willingness to drive HIGHLY preferred for recruiting purposes
Character traits necessary for the position
• Personable – Can converse easily and connect immediately in person and over the phone with people they don’t know
• Well-Spoken – Can communicate efficiently and effectively with staff and church members
• Self-Starter – Can take the initiative and make decisions concerning their assigned tasks
• Independent – Can work on their own when needed