Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Community InternshipBookmark This
House of Hope, 3301 South Grant
Posted: August 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship encompasses helping women and children at Family Tree's House of Hope.
Responsibilities- Participate in ArapaHOME, a group of service providers and interested community partners building the case for a 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness in Arapahoe County.
- Assist Program Director with quality assurance of program operations.
- Learn the supervisor's responsibilities for program development, for supervision, for day to day operations, and for compliance with agency and licensing standards.
- Develop the positive and collaborative presentation of the program with community.
- Create materials, in conjunction with program staff and administrative marketing team, to educate community on the issues of homelessness and on ways for concerned citizens to contribute to possible solutions.
- Accompany Program Director on tours of facility and speaking engagements in the community, leasing to the possibility of solo presentations and agency representation.
- Perform direct care staff duties, including addressing client needs for information and resources as well as engaging volunteers and donors to help with the program and agency.
- Assist Program Director with monthly billings, monthly service reports, service statistics and written correspondence. Create renewed annual service objectives, shelter employee handbook and budget projections in conjunction with co-workers.
Requirements- 2nd year MSW student in the community track.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with homeless families and experience working in residential facility and/or working with homeless families preferred.
- Ability to represent the agency positively and appropriately.
- Provide positive role modeling for families and maintenance of confidentiality for client information.