Communications/Graphic Design InternNational Low Income Housing Coalition
Grassroots Marketing InternUnited Way of Essex and West Hudson
Business Internships - Paid Internships Available!Atlantic Solutions, Inc.
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Summer 2017- Information Technology (IT) Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Children's Advocate & Case Management InternshipBookmark This
House of Hope, 3301 South Grant
Posted: August 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship encompasses helping women and children at Family Tree's House of Hope.
- Becoming part of the Family Tree team, providing solutions for families in crisis to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume, including the flexibility to tailor the position to meet your interests and talents.
- Assist staff with general house management/activities, case management, and advocacy.
- Serve as advocate for mothers working toward self-sufficiency goals, targeting skills that will help them to obtain and keep permanent housing.
- Help to oversee the guidelines of the program, including making sure that residents clean the living spaces within the facility, promoting their children's education through regular school attendance and participation in homework time after school, as well as other educational/social activities, and practicing positive interaction with their children and the other residents.
Foundation Year and Concentration Year Clinical Interns
- Develop skills as a case manager and/or children's advocate within the residential shelter for women with children who are homeless.
- Interns eventually build a case load of clients or provide routine facilitation of activities (wellness, educational or recreational) for residents.
Concentration Year Community Interns
- Research and develop collaborations with partner community agencies for related services and conduct program evaluation with prospective or former clients.
- Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Children’s Advocate and Case Management intern will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help House of Hope staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support:
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts:
Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Children’s Advocate and Case Management Intern will have additional training from House of Hope staff.
Children’s Advocate and Case Management Interns are expected to be available 10 to 12 hours a week in the evenings for 6 months to one year. Days, preferably evening hours, vary depending on program and volunteer schedule.
Requirements- 2nd year MSW student in the community or clinical track.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with homeless families and experience working in residential facility and/or working with homeless families preferred.
- Ability to represent the agency positively and appropriately.
- Provide positive role modeling for families and maintenance of confidentiality for client information.
- Spanish-bilingual fluency helpful.