Part-time Intern/Project Assistant: Program CoordinationNDI
Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Community InternshipBookmark This
House of Hope, 3301 South Grant
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship encompasses helping women and children at Family Tree's House of Hope.
Responsibilities- Participate in ArapaHOME, a group of service providers and interested community partners building the case for a 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness in Arapahoe County.
- Assist Program Director with quality assurance of program operations.
- Learn the supervisor's responsibilities for program development, for supervision, for day to day operations, and for compliance with agency and licensing standards.
- Develop the positive and collaborative presentation of the program with community.
- Create materials, in conjunction with program staff and administrative marketing team, to educate community on the issues of homelessness and on ways for concerned citizens to contribute to possible solutions.
- Accompany Program Director on tours of facility and speaking engagements in the community, leasing to the possibility of solo presentations and agency representation.
- Perform direct care staff duties, including addressing client needs for information and resources as well as engaging volunteers and donors to help with the program and agency.
- Assist Program Director with monthly billings, monthly service reports, service statistics and written correspondence. Create renewed annual service objectives, shelter employee handbook and budget projections in conjunction with co-workers.
Requirements- 2nd year MSW student in the community track.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with homeless families and experience working in residential facility and/or working with homeless families preferred.
- Ability to represent the agency positively and appropriately.
- Provide positive role modeling for families and maintenance of confidentiality for client information.