AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Marketing Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Outreach and Engagement InternBookmark This
PTL Development Corp.
16200 Euclid Avenue Suite 214a
East Cleveland, OH
Posted: June 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe PTL Development Corp. is a brand new Community Development Corporation (CDC) in East Cleveland. The aim of this organization is to promote social justice and equity in one of the most impoverished, disinvested communities in the nation. The 5 main issues the CDC seeks to address are: housing, health, education, re-entry, and employment. This organization, as it is just starting out, is starting to bring programs and classes in to help community members learn how to get healthy and fit, how to manage their finances, how to write resumes, and much more. We need someone to assist us in recruiting community members for these programs, and to engage both community members and agencies in the process. This is a unique opportunity to experience the initiation and development of a brand new nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities- Work in office at least once per week to touch base with supervisor
- Work remotely during other times
- 5-10 hours per week
- Professional development opportunities, including committee participation, event attendance, and other networking events for growth
- Will use creativity, skills, and knowledge of organization's mission to coordinate and promote important programs and services for community members
- Will attend collaborative meetings, visit community centers, churches, and agencies, and utilize the internet/social media, in recruiting participants in programs being coordinated by PTL Development Corp., and in growing the organization's network of community partners and stakeholders
- Will work collaboratively with other interns to meet organizational goals
RequirementsSeeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Marketing, Business, IT, or related field. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
SkillsRequired - Proficient in Microsoft Office, People Skills, Comfortable working independently, Social Media Communications, Writing Skills, Program Coordination
Preferred - Social Determinants Of Health, Non-profit Program Development