Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Rescue Mission Intern: Sunday Breakfast Rescue MissionTechMission, Inc
Church Ministry InternshipAnn Arbor Vineyard
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Non-Profit Awareness VolunteerMLRSEMO
Make-A-Wish® InternshipMake-A-Wish® Central & South Texas
Office Support Intern San DiegoCitizens Climate Lobby
Video Production SpecialistMcMillan Community
Community OutreachBookmark This
Denver Rescue Mission
6090 Smith Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDenver Rescue Mission has been serving the poor and needy in the Denver metro area for more than 120 years. We are changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
Internships at Denver Rescue Mission offer hands-on experience in nonprofit, human services, and ministry fields. You won’t be sorting envelopes or delivering coffee! At the Mission, you’ll make a lasting impact by serving the homeless and needy. Our goal is to help interns grow educationally, professionally, and spiritually so that they are equipped for a lifetime of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our internships follow the academic calendar and have fall, spring, and summer start dates. Full-time and part-time internships are available. Full-time interns also enjoy free room and board, a monthly stipend and tuition remuneration.
The Community Outreach field placement opportunity will give you knowledge and experience in recruiting, training, and engaging volunteers mentor teams matched with homeless families and seniors. You will also receive hands-on experience with fundraising and event planning. Vehicle highly preferred. You will engage the community and help find housing for homeless families. Create curriculum for classes to help the homeless transition to permanent housing.
To start the application process, visit: DenverRescueMission.org/internships
• Learn to recruit, train, engage and retain mentors
• Work with the community and landlords to find permanent housing
• Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator with day to day duties
• Gain experience by mentoring a family or senior
• Serving by empowering and encouraging others to serve
• Recruiting new mentors and landlords from area churches in and out of office via phone calls, emails and visiting
• Set appointments with local landlords and housing managers
• Recruit Advocates (volunteers)
• Teach Ready to Rent Classes
• Keeping program resource list current
• Assisting with program material edits and updates (when needed)
Requirements• Minimum age of 21
• Available between the hours of 8:30 am - 5 pm (Monday – Friday)
Background experience and/or requirements
• Vehicle and ability/willingness to drive HIGHLY preferred for recruiting purposes
Character traits necessary for the position
• Personable – Can converse easily and connect immediately in person and over the phone with people they don’t know
• Well-Spoken – Can communicate efficiently and effectively with staff and church members
• Self-Starter – Can take the initiative and make decisions concerning their assigned tasks
• Independent – Can work on their own when needed