Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Rescue Mission Intern: Sunday Breakfast Rescue MissionTechMission, Inc
Church Ministry InternshipAnn Arbor Vineyard
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Non-Profit Awareness VolunteerMLRSEMO
Make-A-Wish® InternshipMake-A-Wish® Central & South Texas
Office Support Intern San DiegoCitizens Climate Lobby
Video Production SpecialistMcMillan Community
Community Outreach InternshipBookmark This
Humanitarian Service Project
465 Randy Road
Carol Stream, IL
Posted: January 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJoin us now in serving our needy seniors and children.
You gain exposure to community leaders while observing the many challenges of running a not-for-profit. Experience the basics of fundraising, requesting donations and coordinating volunteers tasks as well as see how HSP networks with community groups and individuals. You will be a vital part of our team.
We offer unpaid internships designed to fit your schedule within our regular work hours of Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We would like a minimum of 20 hours a week over a period of 3 months or longer if possible. If you are able to commit to 24 hours a week, that is even better.
ResponsibilitiesGeneral Interns assist staff with day-to-day operations of the organization, while gaining understanding in how a not-for-profit organization is managed and funded. Intern duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Research new sources for food and toy donations
• Contact groups for donations
• Assist with day-to-day operations such as answering the phone, telephoning clients and receiving and recording donations from center visitors
• Conduct tours of our center
• Research grants
• Train and work with volunteers to box gifts and sort food
• Other duties as needed. We ask that our general interns be flexible
Requirements• Good customer service skills,
• Comfort with using basic operations in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and requests simultaneously,
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not necessary