Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Community Outreach InternshipBookmark This
Humanitarian Service Project
465 Randy Road
Carol Stream, IL
Posted: January 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJoin us now in serving our needy seniors and children.
You gain exposure to community leaders while observing the many challenges of running a not-for-profit. Experience the basics of fundraising, requesting donations and coordinating volunteers tasks as well as see how HSP networks with community groups and individuals. You will be a vital part of our team.
We offer unpaid internships designed to fit your schedule within our regular work hours of Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We would like a minimum of 20 hours a week over a period of 3 months or longer if possible. If you are able to commit to 24 hours a week, that is even better.
ResponsibilitiesGeneral Interns assist staff with day-to-day operations of the organization, while gaining understanding in how a not-for-profit organization is managed and funded. Intern duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Research new sources for food and toy donations
• Contact groups for donations
• Assist with day-to-day operations such as answering the phone, telephoning clients and receiving and recording donations from center visitors
• Conduct tours of our center
• Research grants
• Train and work with volunteers to box gifts and sort food
• Other duties as needed. We ask that our general interns be flexible
Requirements• Good customer service skills,
• Comfort with using basic operations in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and requests simultaneously,
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not necessary