Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Outreach InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
General Intern for the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationThe American Bar Foundation
Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Community Outreach InternshipBookmark This
Humanitarian Service Project
465 Randy Road
Carol Stream, IL
Posted: January 08 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJoin us now in serving our needy seniors and children.
You gain exposure to community leaders while observing the many challenges of running a not-for-profit. Experience the basics of fundraising, requesting donations and coordinating volunteers tasks as well as see how HSP networks with community groups and individuals. You will be a vital part of our team.
We offer unpaid internships designed to fit your schedule within our regular work hours of Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We would like a minimum of 20 hours a week over a period of 3 months or longer if possible. If you are able to commit to 24 hours a week, that is even better.
ResponsibilitiesGeneral Interns assist staff with day-to-day operations of the organization, while gaining understanding in how a not-for-profit organization is managed and funded. Intern duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Research new sources for food and toy donations
• Contact groups for donations
• Assist with day-to-day operations such as answering the phone, telephoning clients and receiving and recording donations from center visitors
• Conduct tours of our center
• Research grants
• Train and work with volunteers to box gifts and sort food
• Other duties as needed. We ask that our general interns be flexible
Requirements• Good customer service skills,
• Comfort with using basic operations in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and requests simultaneously,
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not necessary