Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Community Services Ambassador InternshipBookmark This
Bluegrass Community Action
73 C. Michael Davenport
Posted: December 29 2014
DescriptionBlue Grass Community Action Partnership is 501c3 private non-profit corporation that works to reduce the causes and conditions of poverty. The agency has dedicated resources to enable low-income earning, disadvantaged and disabled families and individuals of all ages and ethnic backgrounds to attain skills, knowledge and motivation to become more self-sufficient. BGCAP has nine Kentucky Counties in its primary service area: Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott and Woodford.
Blue Grass Community Action Partnership is accepting applications for a Community Services Ambassador Internship. The Community Services Ambassador Intern will receive hands on training resulting in extensive knowledge of not-for-profit programs that work to increase economic security of Kentucky families and communities. The internship will provide the chosen candidates an opportunity to work alongside BGCAP staff on projects that have a meaningful impact. The internship will take place at the Blue Grass Community Action Partnership Administrative Central Office at 111 Professional Court, Frankfort, KY or at one of the outreach offices in Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott or Woodford Counties. Interested candidates should email resumes to email@example.com or call 502-695-5615
Responsibilities• Provide administrative support to Community Services Programs Director and Community Developers in Anderson, Boyle, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott and Woodford Counties.
• Provide assistance with case management services, financial assistance and referrals.
• Provide outcome measurement reporting assistance for federally funded and local programs.
• Help facilitate programs for low-income and vulnerable individuals and families.
• Exercise strong interpersonal communication skills over the phone and in-person.
• Provide information to external customers via phone calls and in-person.
• Create content for and disseminate information through community calendars, flyers, brochures, various outreach materials, social media sites, press releases and success stories.
• Assist with health insurance enrollment.
• Assist with community and outreach events.
• Assist with fundraising events.