Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Summer 2017- Information Technology (IT) Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- Graphic - Web Design Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Event Planning Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Group Leader Assistant Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
2001 Gateway Place Ste. 101E
San Jose, CA
Posted: August 31 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description- Want to experience first-hand how public policy is developed at the local, state, and federal levels?
- Want to make a difference in areas such as improving middle school math education, traffic relief, or reducing greenhouse gas emissions?
About the Silicon Valley Leadership Group
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group is a public policy business trade organization, founded in 1978 by David Packard of Hewlett-Packard. The Leadership Group represents more than 400 of Silicon Valley’s most respected employers on issues, programs and campaigns that affect the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley.
You will have an opportunity to perform at least some of these duties during your internship:
- Assume responsibility for one major project/home-run goal in your selected issue area with the assistance and oversight of your mentor. For example, in-depth research on a proposed policy measure, helping to organize a major event, etc.
- Review and analyze proposed legislation or policy/regulatory changes.
- Interact with legislative and government offices.
- Assist in preparing for meetings with company and community leaders
- Support other Leadership Group staff with projects as needed.
- Coordinators are encouraged to attend Leadership Group meetings and events to learn and establish relationships.
Administration, Communications, Education, Energy, Environment, Events, Government Relations, Health Policy, Housing/Land Use, Membership, Tax Policy, Tech & Innovation or Transportation.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate your top three area(s) of interest by order of preference. For more information, visit svlg.org.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: You will have an opportunity to perform at least some of these duties during your internship:
• Assume responsibility for one major project in your selected issue area with the assistance and oversight of your mentor, for example in depth research on a proposed policy measure, helping to organize a major event, etc.
• Review and analyze proposed legislation or policy/regulatory changes, including
recommendations for future action by the Leadership Group, as appropriate.
• Interact with legislative and government offices on policy issues.
• Assist in preparing for meetings with company and community leaders, including agenda, preparation and mailing, follow-up phone calls, meeting research and minutes. Coordinators are also encouraged to attend the meetings they have helped to arrange and other Leadership Group meetings and events to learn and to make contacts.
• Prepare and present information to appropriate Leadership Group committees or task forces. Anticipate and be prepared to answer audience questions on issues.
• Assist other office staff and coordinators in administrative projects, as needed.
Special Projects: Coordinators may focus on one or more policy area.
• Investor Relations/Membership
Research cutting-edge start-ups that might want to get involved with the Leadership Group.
Assist with our state (Regional Economic Association Leaders of California/R.E.A.L.) and federal (National Metropolitan Business Alliance/N.M.B.A.) coalitions on issues that touch all of our policy committees.
Assist with meetings and conferences attended by Silicon Valley leaders from the public and private sectors.
Assist with recruit meetings with VP of Membership, to recruit new member companies.
Present weekly earnings reports on member companies at staff meetings.
Shadow CEO and VP of Membership on meetings with member companies.