Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Fall 2016 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Membership & Development Internship, Spring 2017International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Corporate Relations InternBookmark This
New York Cares
65 Broadway, 19th Floor,
New York, NY
Posted: September 30 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNew York Cares, the city’s leading volunteer management organization, seeks a results-driven intern to support its Corporate Relations team for Fall 2016 with the possibility to extend through Spring 2016. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in corporate social responsibility, corporate sponsorship, project management, and making a positive impact on New York City.
The Corporate Relations Intern will work closely with many of the city’s top corporations to complete service projects in the field and will develop strong administrative skills in the office.
The Corporate Relations team creates and manages corporate service programs for approximately 150 corporate sponsors throughout the year. The Corporate Relations Intern will report to a Corporate Service Manager and support the department by staffing corporate service projects throughout the city and by executing critical administrative tasks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to CRintern@newyorkcares.org
Responsibilities might include:
• Leading small groups of corporate volunteers;
• Coordinating supply distribution;
• Coordinating project logistics;
• Serving as an ambassador and advocate for New York Cares;
• Researching prospective sponsors;
• Maintaining project attendance records; and
• Updating sponsor information in Salesforce.com database.
Requirements• At least 2 years towards a Bachelor’s Degree;
• Excellent public speaking and crowd management skills;
• Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
• Experience and interest in non-profit organizations, event planning, or volunteer management;
• Superior organizational and project management skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to remain flexible in potentially unpredictable situations;
• Ability to juggle concurrent multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly;
• Experience and interest in hands-on volunteer service;
• Broad-based computer skills;
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team; and
• Professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone.