Junior Tennis Outreach Program CoordinatorRaleigh Tennis Association
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Social Media InternsT.H.A.N.K.S. - The Helping A Needy Kid Society
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Public Relations InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Marketing InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Office Business AssociateA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Corporate Relations & Stewardship InternshipBookmark This
Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation
3800 Park Ave
St Louis, MO
Posted: April 07 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSSM Health-Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation, led by our Board of Governors, provides the financial support necessary for delivering exceptional health care, in state-of-the-art facilities, to all children in need of care. Through pro-active communication efforts, community cultivation, philanthropic generosity and Christ-like stewardship, the Foundation’s purpose is to build strong partnerships that will result in world-class pediatric health care at SSM Health-Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital.
It is the generous spirit of thousands of donors in our region and across the United States that has allowed the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation to build and sustain dozens of critical departments, programs and treatment centers at the hospital.
Donors help us to fulfill this mission in a variety of ways; hosting or attending events, sponsorships, planned gifts and bequests, annual donations, Glennon Sunday contributions, as well as through memorials and tributes to those they love. We also work with many family foundations, corporations and government agencies in creating meaningful grant opportunities focused on special treatments or programs.
The Board of Governors, a long-standing group of influential community and civic leaders, are the backbone of this Foundation. Through the leadership, commitment and generosity of these 45 to 50 individuals, the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation has continued to grow and flourish over the years. It is the role of this board to help shape the strategic vision for the medical center, to make certain that fiscal controls are in place and to constantly grow the circle of support in the community.
Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation is committed to becoming a national leader in health care philanthropy. We are constantly striving to increase our support for faith-based, medical treatment and research. The Foundation is also dedicated to driving and supporting Next-Practices in the areas of wellness, prevention and nutritional programs that promote comprehensive health for children and families.
Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Relations and the Corporate Relations & Stewardship Coordinator. This individual will be expected to work independently and to be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential corporations. He/she will also be expected to work with the Corporate Relations Team in creating and implementing strategies for identification, cultivation, and stewardship of corporate partners.
Responsibilities• Identify philanthropic partnerships with companies
• Planning, developing and implementing effective corporate relations department procedures
• Provide effective coordination of activities including but not limited to meetings, presentations, packets, mailings and tours
• Determine specific event and level of partnership based on research
• Support an effective program of stewardship of corporate partners. Including designing, implementing and coordinating an institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of SSM donors at all levels.
Requirements• Determine how best to develop and maintain effective relationships with corporate partners.
• Demonstrated ability to relate well to, and understand the needs and interests of corporations in order to develop relationships.
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional requests from Corporate Relations Team.
• In addition to these general skills, the position requires the ability to participate in all aspects of the fundraising cycle.
• Able to work under pressure of deadlines
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required
• Personal belief in mission, goals and objectives of Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation
• Self-motivated & self-starting
• Respectful, kind
• Optimism and positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• A good listener
• Team player
Desire to have fun while working in an environment of intelligent, highly motivated people