SPRING FAITH INCLUSION FELLOWSHIPS IN ROCKVILLE, MDRespectAbility
SPRING DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING FELLOWSHIPS IN ROCKVILLE, MDRespectAbility
SPRING COMMUNICATIONS/DIVERSITY IN FILM AND TELEVISION FELLOWSHIPS IN ROCKVILLE, MDRespectAbility
SPRING POLICY AND PRACTICES FELLOWSHIPS IN ROCKVILLE, MDRespectAbility
Marketing/Communications & Administration InternCamp To Belong
Commercial Alert Organizing Internship SUMMERPublic Citizen
Water Sanitation Menstrual Hygiene And Girl Health & Education ProjectHEEALS
Inventory ManagerDress For Success Austin
Data Management Intern or Volunteer (unpaid internship)Bookmark This
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
1375 Fairfax Ave.
San Francisco, CA
Posted: December 09 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMeals On Wheels of San Francisco is committed to the belief that all seniors have the right to live independently with dignity and respect in their own homes for as long as it is safely possible. It is our mission to provide isolated homebound seniors in San Francisco with nutritious meals, daily human contact, and supportive services to prevent their premature institutionalization. The food, companionship, safety checks, and other support we provide are vital services for seniors who want to continue living in their own homes but cannot shop or prepare meals for themselves. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. We believe in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
• Must be able to work 1-2 weekdays in our Bayview neighborhood office.
• Minimum of 6hours/week total for a 6 week commitment
• Hours can be flexible within normal business hours of 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
• data entry experience
• Ability to type 50+ WPM with accuracy
• Experience with MS Word, Excel and google doc
• Help print and mail donor acknowledgment letters
• The ability to lift boxed records weighting 25 pounds
• Must pass a criminal background check
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Learning from and collaborating with one of the best non-profit agencies in San Francisco
• Networking and exposure to non-profit professional work
• Being part of a positive, mission-oriented agency doing life-changing work on behalf of isolated seniors in the city.
• If duties are fulfilled, a great letter of recommendation/reference
• This internship will give you experience and knowledge with The Raisers Edge
Reports to Development Operations Manager
• Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• To learn more about our agency, visit our website at: www.mowsf.org
• Meals On Wheels of San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities.