Public Relations Internship (short-term and virtual)Filter Of Hope
Internship with Make-A-Wish FoundationMake-A-Wish Colorado
ALL IN CHALLENGE: FALL 2017 DIGITAL/DATA INTERNSHIPCivic Nation
AmeriCorps Community Needs MemberCitySquare
CitySquare Thrift Store InternCitySquare
Intern Web SupportASIAN, Inc
Communications & Development InternshipEveryMind
Development and Communications InternBookmark This
Dress for Success Philadelphia
Rodin Place - 2000 Hamilton Street, Suite C100
Posted: November 22 2015
DescriptionDress for Success Philadelphia, Inc. is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Development and Communications Intern for 5-10 hours per week starting January 2016.
The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of women in financial need by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
This is an excellent opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, communications, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global brand.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and CV via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development and Communications Intern" in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 12/11/15.
The Development and Communications Intern will report to the Executive Director. Areas of responsibilities may include:
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate and foundation donors
• Assist in implementing leadership giving club(s)
• Assist with developing and implementing special events
• Write, edit and proofread development and communications materials
• Assist with mailings, Board meetings, and varied projects as needed
• Must be enrolled in a related undergraduate or graduate program
• Experience working with databases
• Strong writing and research abilities including analytic skills
• Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
• An interest in philanthropy, communications and/or empowering low-income women to succeed
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail