2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Workforce Development (Employment Specialist) InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Case Manager InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Production/Communications Assistant (Internship)Vittoria Energy Expedition
Data and Evaluation Operations InternCity Year Boston
Literacy Internship at Nonprofit Open Books - Spring 2017Open Books
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Development and Operations InternBookmark This
Cry For Me, No More Inc.
Posted: July 24 2015
Company Location: Gainesville, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCry For Me…No More seeks an unpaid Development and Operations Intern to assist a growing organization in fulfilling its mission of supporting bereaved families after the loss of a child. The position is 10-20 hours per week and will work closely with the Vice President on outreach and funding efforts to expand services.
The Development and Operations Intern will be instrumental in helping Cry For Me…No More (CFMNM) continue to grow and succeed on a regional and national level. CFMNM is a new nonprofit (established 2014) with huge growth potential and a one-of-a-kind healing workshop that provides transformational support to bereaved families. CFMNM also supports thousands of individuals through its website and huge social media following. The Development and Operations Intern will assist in a variety of areas to increase reach of services. The intern will be attentive to details, have excellent writing and communications skills, and be a motivated self-starter and a team player.
This position is an excellent learning experience and provides an incredible work environment with a great opportunity to learn about growing a nonprofit where your own ideas and creative solutions are also welcome.
Start: Immediately or with the fall semester
Hours: 10-20 per week or more if desired
Compensation: Unpaid with potential room for growth into a paid position. Flexible to accommodate students looking for credits and/or to complete a project associated with a degree or class.
Responsibilities• Assist in research and grant submittal for local workshops and general funding
• Research and reach out to relevant local groups for potential workshop sponsorship and/or support (by phone and mail follow up)
• Support workshops by posting to local event calendars
• Administrative help – updating spreadsheets and contacts, tracking donations, sending acknowledgements and receipts
• Assist with peer-to-peer fundraising site
• Local fundraiser assistance
• Help update website as needed
• Research relevant articles to post on social media
• Provide general support to CFMNM staff as needed
• Other duties as required
Requirements• Candidates should have a good mix of creative and critical thinking, passion and integrity
• Must be available at least 10-20 hours/week through the entire fall academic semester
Other required skills & experience include:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter with excellent project management skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive
• Strong administrative skills
• Strong inter personal skills/ability to sell and idea, concept and talk to potential sponsors or grantors
Nice to have: grant writing knowledge and experience
SkillsRequired - Excellent interpersonal skills, Active Team Player, Attraction Marketing, Coordinating Events, Social Media Communications, Direct Mail Fundraising, Grassroots Fundraising, Sponsorship Generation, Flexibility, Integrity, Creative, Highly motivated self-starter, Entrepreneurial Organizations, Basic Computer Skills, Accurate Data Entry, Passion for Helping Others, Compassionate
Preferred - Grants Administration, Grants Management, B2B Marketing, Cross Media Marketing, Generating Revenue