Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Resource Development Assistant Intern: Habitat for Humanity of South Central MNBookmark This
1751 Bassett Dr.
Posted: December 05 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
For Interns with a Bachelors Degree:Multi-Year Graduate Fellowship
-Free tuition in Bakke Graduate University programs including MBA, Masters in Global Leadership or Social Entrenpreneurship or Doctorate in Ministry or Transformational Leadership.
-Some sites may provide an additional stipend or housing support for outstanding candidates.
-Candidates may receive up to 6 hours of independent study credit based on practicum work at ministry site.
-Supervised nonprofit or ministry experience interning 29 hours per week.
ResponsibilitiesDescription: The Resource Development Assistant will provide support to the Resource Development Manager and capital campaign comCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 committees with organizing and conducting the necessary activities to support the growing efforts of home building for South Central Habitat For Humanity. Work with Partnering Communities to expand their capacity in building and fundraising activities. Provide assistance to conduct fundraising activities in the 5 county area.
Cultivating new and existing donors including individuals, sponsorships, corporations, churches and foundations.
Assists with researching and completing grant applications
- Acquires necessary support information for a full application
- Meets, as necessary, with grantors for more information
- Complete grant reports and other grant requirements
Assist with planning, implementing, tracking and evaluating all donations to ensure maximum retention of existing donors and cultivation of new donors.
- Group donations
- In-kind donations
- Individual Donations
- Business donations
Assist with raising funds for the Capital Campaign to expand the ReStore
- Provide support to capital campaign committee
- Public appearances
- Mailings and follow up phone calls
- Event planning
Assist with organizations fundraising
- Assist with annual fundraisers
Assist with marketing
- Assist in developing of promotional materials to acquire donations and for fundraisers
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have solid working experience in computer operations including Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, written and oral, including public speaking.
- To fully support the ideals and mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Uphold and abide by Habitat for Humanity standards
- Maintain a HFH Christian attitude and principles
- Patient and compassionate attitude with effective interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic team worker focused on strong customer service
- Able to multitask while being a good team player
- Must be willing to do daily traveling to partnering communities
- Must have a valid driver?s license and operating vehicle
- Knowledge of nonprofit organization, experience working with nonprofits preferred
- Experience preferred in grant writing
- Knowledge of In-Design and Publisher
-At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
-Must be a Christian
-U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
-Able to make at least a one year (or summer) commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
-Able to financially live on just free housing (and stipend if you opt for the One Year Paid Internship) and any outside income sources you have.
-Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)