Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Development Assistant, San Francisco Bay Area (Part Time)Bookmark This
Ashlyn J. Gorlin
300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 269
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPosition: Development Assistant, San Francisco Bay Area
Reports to: Development Associate, San Francisco Bay Area
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (approximately 17.5 hours/week)
Location: Oakland, CA
Start date: Immediate
Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and enthusiastic part-time Development Assistant, who will work closely with the Bay Area Development team and who will focus on helping the organization reach a new level of fundraising globally. The Development Assistant will help to support the fundraising strategies that will significantly expand the revenue base of the whole organization. In the Bay Area, the Development Assistant will assist in database management, including: data entry, report generation, and overall management and maintenance of Salesforce. The position is budgeted as part-time (50%) at 17.5 hours per week.
● Provide administrative support for development database (Salesforce), including data entry, report generation, and overall maintenance
● Maintain and ensure accuracy of information in Salesforce
● Maintain attendance lists for Development events; assist with follow-up communications if necessary
● Gift processing and acknowledgement
● Assist Development team with the fundraising processes: collect and research prospect names and track all key information on prospects, solicitations and next steps on major donors in database.
● Provide administrative support for development and general office activities in the Bay Area office. This includes word-processing, filing, photocopying, faxing, mailings, etc.
● Answering the phone and directing calls to appropriate staff members or taking messages. Providing basic information about the organization to callers and visitors, making follow-up calls for events and meetings.
● Other data and administrative support, as needed.
Apply online at www.facinghistory.org/careers
● B.A. / B.S. Preferred
● Monday mornings required; schedule flexible otherwise
● Occasional evening and weekend work required
● Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office; familiarity with database management; Salesforce experience strongly preferred
● Interest and experience in fundraising and/or public relations and marketing
● Excellent organization skills, oral and written communication skills, superior attention to detail
● Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
● Creative energy, self-starting, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
● Interest in, and ability to articulate, the mission of this non-profit
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and part-time benefits package including dental insurance, a 403(b) program, paid time off, and a friendly work environment.