Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Fall 2016 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Membership & Development Internship, Spring 2017International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Development & Communications Intern at Music ForwardBookmark This
House of Blues Music Forward Foundation
7083 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Music Forward is a national, independent non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating real-life skills for youth using music as the bridge to success. Focusing on young people ages 12-19 in underserved communities, we set the stage for success by providing workshops and showcases to kick-start musical careers; fulfill musical dreams by equipping dedicated young musicians with instruments; and inspire the next generation of music industry leaders with hands-on career exploration. Music Forward is the evolution of the International House of Blues Foundation, which began in 1993.
Learn more at www.hobmusicforward.org.
Music Forward is seeking dynamic, creative, and career-oriented individuals to support development and implementation of our fundraising strategies. Interns will work closely with the Director of Development or Director of Communication & Collaboration with ongoing responsibilities and 1-2 long-term projects tailored to the interns’ interests, abilities, learning objectives and timing of internship. Our internships are designed so interns can receive insight into developmental strategy, as well as develop project management, collaboration and presentation skills. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on fundraising experience and work in a national, non-profit organization.
Internship begins the week of January 9, 2017. Exact dates to be set depending on school calendar and dates agreed upon between Music Forward and intern. Internship to run January – April 2017. Candidates must be available for 12-16 hours/ week in our office between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
LOCATION: 7083 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 200, Hollywood, CA 90028
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid volunteer position. Great opportunity to get hands-on experience, as well as receive training through a series of workshops to develop project management, communication, budgeting and other skills. Organized, as well as informal, opportunities to meet and network with staff and other interns. We support academic credit requirements.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include:
• Research and present potential third-party fundraising opportunities. Brainstorm and collaborate to create interactive materials that raise awareness and money at various events.
• Plan and coordinate special events, including concerts, "friend-raising" cultivation opportunities, and a golf tournament
• Research and support implementation of an individual donor recognition program
• Maintain ROCKTION online auction store with existing inventory of items and new ones from strategy sessions
• Help establish best practices for fulfillment of auction and sweepstakes winners
• Work with Development Team to engage new donors and establish long-term relationships
• Research and propose high-potential foundation grant opportunities
• Implement marketing strategies including social media campaigns, e-newsletters, online advertising, and other vehicles to engage current and potential donors.
• Assist with coordination and outreach for in-kind donation drives
• Support stewardship of corporate partners
• Assist with creation of donor reports and analysis of data
• Attend department and staff meetings
• Currently enrolled at a college/university
• Has demonstrated interests in music education, music business, marketing, and/or non-profit organizations
• Committed to creativity and resourcefulness
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Focused attention to detail with a strong work ethic
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must work well independently and as a team member
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Prior experience with database management systems, such as SalesForce, eTapestry or other donor software
• Prior experience with Constant Contact or similar email marketing program
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector
SkillsRequired - Multi Tasking, Team Coordination, Communication Skills
Preferred - Fundraising, Event Planning, Research