Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Public Relations and Social Media InternWish of a Lifetime
Social Media & Communications InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Fundraising, Development & Special Events InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Special Events Intern (Fall/Winter 17/18)Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Fundraising, Development & Special Events Intern (Summer)Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Social Media & Community Management InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Development & Event Planning InternBookmark This
Special Olympics Florida- Miami-Dade
155 S Miami Ave #200
Posted: August 26 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Miami-Dade County is a not-for-profit organization that provides year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for persons 8 years of age and older with intellectual disabilities. The resources and programs of SOMDC provide them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills, and friendship with their families, other Special Olympic athletes and their community.
Visit our website at: http://specialolympicsflorida.org/miami-dade/
Position: Resource Development Intern
Department: Resource Development Department
Reports To: Erin Kozlowski, Vice President, Resource Development
Work Location: Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Office
Commitment: Minimum of 10 hours a week. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by Intern, Volunteer Manager, and department supervisor.
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to the Resource Development department, which is responsible for the fiscal sustainability of Special Olympics Miami-Dade County.
• Opportunity to make a positive difference in the community
• Valuable experience working in a team environment
• Possible school credit, contingent upon school approval
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade County Volunteer Manager, Amanda Spies, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities• Assist with planning and execution of special events, including:
o attending events
o researching venues and vendors, and collecting price quotes
o soliciting donations from retail stores, hotels, and restaurants
o organizing all contact information for sponsors, ticket purchasers, auction item donors, and auction item purchasers
o writing and send donor thank you letters
• Create and maintain Foundation list for the purpose of grant applications, which details due dates, post acceptance responsibilities, and other pertinent information
• Create and maintain master contact lists for vendors, donors, and other supporters
• Update/add email addresses in Constant Contact
• Assist with creation of marketing materials
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements• Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Very strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Commitment to meeting assigned deadlines
• Effective communication skills
• Available to attend and volunteer at weekend competitions