Wings Program CoordinatorTriple Threat Mentoring
Wings Program InternTriple Threat Mentoring
Wings Photography InternTriple Threat Mentoring
Former Soviet Union Intern, Summer 2017Physicians for Human Rights
ESL Volunteer TutorSouth-East Asia Center
Special Events InternshipLFANC
Park Church Co-op InternThe Park Church Co-op
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Development/ Fundraising InternBookmark This
Creative Alternatives of New York
153 West 27th Street, Suite 300
New York, NY
Posted: September 10 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCreative Alternatives of New York® (CANY) is looking for interns for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters to help the Development Department raise over $250,000 of the organization’s annual operating budget in the coming year. This position is unpaid.
As an intern you will be working directly with the Executive Director on fundraising, major donors and events. This internship will provide substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in one of the nation's leading trauma informed drama therapy organizations.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following. Each intern will be encouraged to take a leadership role in spearheading their own project within the objectives of the development department, depending on one's experience and hours of availability.
• Research new foundations to apply for funding
• Conduct external research on CANY’s key program priorities to use in writing proposals
• Help with copy editing of proposals and reports
• Help in writing minor proposals and reports
Membership / Major Donors:
• Help in researching potential donors
• Help in conducting in depth researching into new fundraising markets
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations.
• Help provide current donors and members with information requests
• Help with maintaining database records
Each internship position will also have its share of "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry.
RequirementsWe are seeking motivated and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. A candidate should have an interest in CANY’s mission to empower people who have endured trauma to rebuild their lives. Necessary skills include,
• Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
• Ability to work 15–20 hours per week between 9:30am–5:30pm, Monday through Friday
• At least a sophomore class standing/ranking, with a minimum 3.0GPA/4.0 scale.