Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Development Intern (Fall or academic year)Bookmark This
English At Large
800 W Cummings Park, STE 5550
Posted: August 30 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Founded in Lexington, MA in 1970, English At Large is a non-profit that provides individual and small group instruction through a volunteer network to adult immigrants and other newcomers who want to acquire English language skills as they adapt to life in the United States. Our vision is that newcomers to the United States will develop the English language skills and acquire the cultural knowledge needed to fully engage in their communities and fulfill their life goals.
Supervised by the Executive Director, the Development Intern will learn the ins-and-outs of small non-profit management and best practices. The Development Intern works directly with the Executive Director on projects relating to marketing & communications, budgeting and finance, program development, program outreach, organizational strategic planning, program evaluation, fundraising, and grants management.
To learn more visit: http://www.englishatlarge.org
Facebook: English At Large
1. One-on-one supervision
2. Hands-on experience in a wide range of projects
3. An opportunity to learn about non-profit leadership in depth
4. Opportunities to attend internal/external individual and group professional development
5. Small and friendly office environment
6. Opportunity to be a part of a team of college, graduate, and professional-level interns
7. Work with English language learners
ResponsibilitiesThe Development Intern works with the Executive Director in building relationships with donors, funders, and community partners.
This position is a good fit for those seeking to gain experience in business administration, project management, strategic planning, fundraising/development, grant writing, non-profit leadership, communications/marketing, event planning, and administration.
1. Grant research, grant-writing, and grants database management
2. Manage the English At Large development email account
3. Develop new partnerships with corporate philanthropic initiatives, foundations, and major donors
4. Donor and sponsor outreach and relationship management
5. Event planning
6. Assist in marketing, communications, and social media
7. Data management
8. Working with the Volunteer Coordinator on volunteer engagement initiatives
9. Assist in mailing appeals & online donations
10. Assisting the development of program evaluation tools
11. Conduct TABE Clas-E or Best Plus assessments for the organization
12. Administrative/office duties
Requirements1. Passionate about the mission of English At Large
2. Motivated and energetic
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable with cold calls
4. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively over the phone and e-mail are a must
6. Ability to work independently
7. Fluency in another language a plus
8. Must have a car & valid driver’s license