Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Marketing/Communications InternshipLongwood Symphony Orchestra
Development InternCure SPG47
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
Arts Administration Summer InternshipContinuo Arts Foundation
IT/Website InternParent Action Community Inc.
Children's Bureau Special Events InternBookmark This
1910 Magnolia Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: August 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChildren’s Bureau of Southern California (www.all4kids.org), a 112-year-old nonprofit leader in the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect, is looking for an events intern for its Development Department. The Development Department is the fundraising backbone for the organization and is responsible for fundraising private dollars. We have 6 major fundraising events that happen year-round:
1. The League for Children Gala
2. Celebrity Chefs & Wine Tasting
3. The Angelic Auxiliary's Carnival at the Pier
4. Vice Chairmen's Golf Tournament
5. President's Invitational Golf Tournament
6. Orange County Clambake
This is primarily an in-office internship. You will need to be able to come into the office near USC.
If interested, please contact Children's Bureau's Special Events Manager, Kelli Wirth at email@example.com.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will help with special events. Specifically:
1. Assist with overall production of events as instructed by the Special Events Managers.
2. Assist with event logistics i.e. printing, silent auction, raffle, mailings, etc.
3. Assist with committee meeting materials and follow up
4. Assist in the stewardship of all donors
5. Maintains event records including files, in-kind donations, etc.
6. Assist with website projects
7. Outreach to media sources, update media list, prepare media kits, assist photographer, post event updates on social networking sites
8. Performs other related duties as assigned
Word processing and database management skills
Oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills and professional demeanor
Positive attitude and thrives in a team environment
Knowledge of social networking sites
Must be able to attend special events as assigned
A car is desirable
10 – 20 hours per week (ideally, but less hours is okay). This position reports to the Special Events Manager.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Communication Skills, Creative, Fun, Outgoing, Social, Adaptable
Preferred - Fundraising, Design, Event Planning and Management