Development and Special Events Intern - Spring 2017Commonwealth Shakespeare Company
Development /Fundraising InternAustin Striders Track Club
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Special Events InternLeukemia and Lymphoma Society
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Social Media InternshipJamaica Land We Love
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Internship - Light The Night CampaignThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Community Engagement InternshipArthritis Foundation
Children's Bureau Special Events InternBookmark This
1910 Magnolia Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: August 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionChildren’s Bureau of Southern California (www.all4kids.org), a 112-year-old nonprofit leader in the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect, is looking for an events intern for its Development Department. The Development Department is the fundraising backbone for the organization and is responsible for fundraising private dollars. We have 6 major fundraising events that happen year-round:
1. The League for Children Gala
2. Celebrity Chefs & Wine Tasting
3. The Angelic Auxiliary's Carnival at the Pier
4. Vice Chairmen's Golf Tournament
5. President's Invitational Golf Tournament
6. Orange County Clambake
This is primarily an in-office internship. You will need to be able to come into the office near USC.
If interested, please contact Children's Bureau's Special Events Manager, Kelli Wirth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will help with special events. Specifically:
1. Assist with overall production of events as instructed by the Special Events Managers.
2. Assist with event logistics i.e. printing, silent auction, raffle, mailings, etc.
3. Assist with committee meeting materials and follow up
4. Assist in the stewardship of all donors
5. Maintains event records including files, in-kind donations, etc.
6. Assist with website projects
7. Outreach to media sources, update media list, prepare media kits, assist photographer, post event updates on social networking sites
8. Performs other related duties as assigned
Word processing and database management skills
Oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills and professional demeanor
Positive attitude and thrives in a team environment
Knowledge of social networking sites
Must be able to attend special events as assigned
A car is desirable
10 – 20 hours per week (ideally, but less hours is okay). This position reports to the Special Events Manager.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Creative, Social, Adaptable, Communication Skills, Outgoing, Fun
Preferred - Design, Fundraising, Event Planning and Management